Certified Prevention Specialist
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Certified Prevention Specialist through The Camel Project.
The four-hour workshop CPS training is offered throughout the year. Please pick the date/time, above, and indicate if you will be attending virtually on Zoom.
* Please note: We reserve the right to not hold the in-person portion of the training on a specific date if in-person registrations do not reach the class minimum size. In these cases, if you registered as an in-person student for that date, you will be automatically registered for the virtual Zoom class or you may reschedule for another training date. If you prefer, you may request a refund of the registration fee.
The Certified Prevention Specialist Program: Deconstructing the Culture of Bullying; Eliminating Bullying-Based Violence provided by The Camel Project can be used toward fulfilling the continuing education requirements for teachers and other educators under Pennsylvania Act 48.
- Reduce Bullying based violence: suicide, abuse, addiction, dependency, and other aggressive behaviors
- Deepen community and personal relationships
- Increase morale, dignity, and pride
- Integrate personal strategies for a social support
- Personal and community accountability
- Develop tools for self-awareness, self-identity, and self-regulation
- Become a guardian and protector of others
Location of in-person training:
201 Washington Street
Reading, Pa 19604
Parking is free in the GoggleWorks lot; enter off 2nd Street or 3rd Street.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time. Light refreshments will be provided. Feel free to bring your own.
ACT 48 CEs will be issued after the training is completed. Your certification document will be emailed to you a few days after the training.
Certifications are valid for twelve months and require renewal to continue status.